Friday 18 March 2011

Trains.

Looking out of the window, I squint at the emerald countryside rushing past me as the sun’s beams shine through the window. Its radiance is enhanced by the droplets forming the mist that spreads itself over the golden daffodil fields.

Ben Taylor Band’s re-version of ‘Time of the Seasons’ by the Zombies, flows through my ears, giving a surreal atmosphere with its unusual beats. The gorgeous surroundings that engorge my eyes combined with the hypnotic beats cause me to fall into deep thought as I let my imagination drift.

This is why I love travelling.

Time to think.

Not even about anything important.

Just letting your brain take you through imaginations, thoughts and feelings.

I find this one of the most relaxing things to do.

A lot of people dread long train journeys as they usually encourage thoughts of delays, waiting around and stopping people getting on with their hectic lives.

But I get excited about it.

I feel sorry for those who don’t make the most of those hours just to give their head room to breathe and just feel like a child again with no worries in the world. Because sometimes you need this. Especially when the world around you starts to become something very real and very scary we all have to eventually face.

No comments:

Post a Comment