Thursday 10 March 2011

Creaking metal.

When I peacefully lay in bed after turning off my TV, then my light and turning over. An awful noise decides to enter my little ear drums that makes my entire body freeze.

The first time it happened, I didn't have a clue what it was until rational thought took over and I realised. The creaking metal sound resonated from my TV stand that hovers precariously over my desk as the bolds and metal strain to hold up my box of a television.

The images that appeared in my head after that were those of my stand breaking on it hinges and my TV plummeting to the floor, smacking into my desk first, breaking it in half, before slamming into a thousand pieces on the floor being followed shortly by my printer that would have fallen off my desk.

The thought of this unfortunate event with its accompanying noise, causes me to have an irrational fear of it happening.

Now I don't think I need to go to a therapist about this, but once I move out of this flat I am never going to have a television stand in my room - ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment